Newspapers charge by the column inch, but sometimes their “free” composition services only give you what you pay for. For greater control over your own print ads, contact us today with details of your project, and the brand you’re trying to develop. We’ll help you design and place effective and attractive ads in yellow pages, journals, event programs, community newspapers or inserts or similar venues that may not have the graphic support you desire.
We can work with a budget for a campaign, or charge hourly for piece-work, and in either case, invite you to pick up the part of the process you prefer in the choice between spending your valuable time or money. The creative process can be driven by you, if you know what you want, or you can leave the works to us. We provide concept development, research, and design and management services as needed – and enjoy working with our clients.
But with twenty years experience, we have a few pointers to help you be effective:
- Research the medium – make sure that your publication is reaching the your audience. It may be that we should be designing an ad for a blog, rather than the school newsletter!
- Size and placement – It isn’t always necessary to fill a page to be the most effective ad on it.
- USP (Unique Selling Point), or focus – the best ads are the ones that strongly assert a single idea
- Brainstorming – sketches and ideas are the genesis of an effective advertisement or campaign, and yet this is often given the least attention
- Allow for deadlines – the proofing and revision process is more efficient than ever, but it’s always wise to allow for a little more time than you need in case something comes up!
- Online proofing – we provide proofs online that you can approve, with a link or files easily passed to the publication electronically.
- File management – We ensure that the proper fonts, files, and attachments are all safely managed for best results.
- Good assets – did you take your photos yourself? If you’d like us to recommend illustrators, photographers, or good stock photo and art resources, we have a variety according to your needs.
- Avoid Clutter – the temptation is to pack it in – but on a newspaper page, that’s rarely effective. Simplicity and focus with a clear call to action being much more effective.
Are you ready to begin?
Contact us to discuss your needs and goals, and we’ll be happy to discuss how we can best assist you with your ad campaign.