Generally speaking, I do not charge for the first hour or so of any conversation concerning the size and shape of your project. I serve the greater Portland area for face-to-face meetings, but am willing to meet via gotomeeting.com or the like and am known to drive a ways if I’ve been in the office too long.
Basic Logo Package $495
- Consultation: review & research where we ask questions and review possibilities – approximately 3-4 hrs
- Development: 6 to 12 sketched concepts to develop -approximately 4-6 hrs
- Design: 1-4 rendered concepts, with a couple rounds of refinements – anywhere from 3-5 hours
- Files: Final logo provided in jpeg & pdf formats
- Bonus: includes business card design or similar sample material to show context
All projects require 50% deposit to begin and balance payment at project completion, unless otherwise stated.
Logo design $65/hr
For the more succinct projects, such as rendering rough art print/web-ready, I charge hourly rates. I have been known to charge for blocks of time in advance – when securing 10 or more hours with pre-payment, rates are reduced to $50/hr
- Some logos require the involvement of illustrators, and we know a few we like
- Boards, committees, and partnerships requiring a greater consensus, and weak decision-making can incur add’l hours over the package pricing
- “Moving the goalposts” becomes package+hourly when exceeding 12 project hours
- .EPS files are available for an add’l fee equal to the package
- Spot color separations for t-shirts, web optimized graphic variations, and other specialty uses require add’l hourly file handling
- Formal copyrights release for complete legal control of the logo is available for a fee of no less than the price of the package.